Thursday, February 25, 2010

What knowledge have you connected to past knowledge?

I have made a lot of connections from other classes to biochemistry. I feel I have learned a lot of the material in microbiology. The discussions about the cells and what the organelles do, have all been discussed during microbiology. I feel that microbiology gave me a better way to visualize the scale at which proteins and enzymes work at.
I feel a lot of the genetic make up and amino acid sequences and structures of proteins was all discussed in genetics. Genetics talked a lot about the function and roles of the processes that we are discussing. I have pulled a lot of knowledge from biology too when talking about the cells and how the earth came to be with just the elements. I feel knowledge from chemistry plays a role especially in the log base equations and pHs and Pka’s. Biochemistry truly is a diverse class, which is able to bring in so much knowledge from other scientific fields that one can build on.

1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting that you saw a lot of this material and can make a lot of connections with Microbiology as well as Genetics. I have yet to take Microbiology and am currently in Genetics. It is interesting to me how a lot of this is a review for you, while much of it is fairly new to me. I also saw a lot of information brought back from General Biology along with Anatomy and Organic Chemistry as well. I feel that a lot of what we have learned so far in Biochemistry has been a review, or an expansion on a topic that we review. Some concepts I understand more than others, and practice is definitely necessary. It is pretty neat to see how interconnected all of these science courses really are.

    ReplyDelete